Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Dreams, My Fears


I’m an aspiring journalist! I always dream of being as famous as Harsha Bhogle. So am I by any means driven by the glamour part of it?! Hope not. I still believe I can stay in the sidelines and play with words in my articles or have a few interviews with the best sportsperson in the world! Why am I always thinking of the best? I’m confused! Totally confused!

By now you must have known how much I desire to be a journo. But I’m scared. I told you I feel I’m good enough but if you’ve noticed in my previous articles all that I’ve written about is CRICKET. Every Indian knows everything about cricket and I’m no different. Mr. Harsha Bhogle today hasn’t reached that position with just a lot of knowledge about cricket. He obviously has a fair knowledge about everything that’s making news. Those are signs of a good journalist. And now you know why I’m scared. I off course have the desire to improve. But “how?” is the million dollar question.

Am I thinking too much into my future? Should I just sit down and concentrate on my studies which would ultimately decide my future? Ummm...May be yes.

Okay Shruthi, stop dreaming, wake up now or else you will have to keep dreaming all your life. You don’t wanna regret in the future. It’s high time that you open your books and STUDY. Class 12 is the turning point of your life.

Was that boring? Let me know if you felt otherwise.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

hey dear... you are really good in writing... but as far as i have encountered, students mind and thoughts change at this point of time... your preferences also change.... it might not be the same in your case... but i suggest you to concentrate on your studies now... n later take a time off n discuss your views on your career with your parents... chill out in life...

Sreeram said...

People say it is always good to have a goal in life. Not many have that set at your age like you have (to become a journalist). They just ride the bus called journey of life and be satisfied or complain about where they end up.

You are different in that aspect. You know which bus to catch and you know what you would like your destination to be. I know, & you believe, you have the talent and passion to become what you want to become. Go ahead and don't stop chasing your dream for any reason.

That being said, Class 12 is definitely a turning point in life, as you rightly said. It’s a stepping stone to fulfill your dreams and achieve your goals. It’s definitely good to think big, but it’s more important not to get overwhelmed by it and lose sight of your next step in life. You will have to think about the next small but important step(s) to climb in order to reach your goal, and climb them one after the other without slipping. This is the only way anyone can reach their goals successfully. Unfortunately no one has yet discovered the magic lift that will take people directly to their goals :)

Shruthi said...

thnx Jo...Am as chilled as ever...but just wrote this particular thing to express my concerns....

n Sreeram sir thnks 4 that advice...i ll surely keep in mind each n evrythng u said..!! :-)
n I couldn't agree wth u more whn u said thr s no magic lift that will take people directly to their goals!!

dimple said...

U know what i am goin to say......................................................to hell to second pu!!!!!!! throw it in the bin..and as if it is the turnin point in ur "lives"..ppl just get soooo confused between "lives" and "studies"...2nd pu is just the turnin point in ur studies thts all...remember not life! LIFE is soooooooooooo much more than tht! life is abt passion...its abt runnin behind ur dreams...at the same time...livin it to the maximum! If u wanna write.....write! don't care...abt anythin else! all successful ppl never feared for any STUPID board exams...if they had...they wud never have been successful!
and if u are so well trained and talented...u can manage both!!!
but first preference...write!!
coz...u won't go ask harsha bhogle...how much he got in pre university exam...but u go ask for the commentary or match review or pitch review...he is respected and famous!
so...go sooon...run....write!:)

Shruthi said...

Well, I agree that nobody is gonna ask Harsha Bhogle how much he scored in his boards but isn't it important to study to get to where he is???? He is not thr just by luck but he s thr for his talent and knowledge...
This turning pnt in our studies is our turning pnt in our lives too....it's all inter-connected, isn't it??

Unknown said...

hi Shruthi,

Well said. you have ideas, imagination and feel for the subject of interest to you. There is so much to observe,learn and keep learning.If you are focussed, anything can be achieved in this world though wise people say all of us have some limits. good luck sudha

Shruthi said...

thnks a lot!!