Tuesday, October 18, 2011

a quick update

I haven’t posted in a while for a reason that is excusable – EXAM! :p

I wrote the most uninspiring literature paper of my life! And to my surprise, a very interesting Psychology paper. This is probably what the Greek called chiasmus. We covered the entire American Literature in “6” months. But all we were asked in our papers was some Wikipedia stuff. And I was thinking, Literature paper would be the most intellectually stimulating. As I was telling my classmates, I was actually hoping for a divine intervention while writing the exam. But the Divine spirit, as you may call it, backed off because the paper so didn’t deserve it.

Though my American Literature question paper was lackluster, the syllabus wasn't. I got to learn some of the most mind-blowing pieces of Literature – Walt Whitman, Emily Dickinson, Allen Ginsberg. Those guys are exciting! Ginsberg is my favourite!! A practicing Buddhist and a Beat poet - that's a cool combo huh? ;) You might want to check out this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OixwFNugZ4I

2 comments:

Shilpa Nagaraj said...

Beautiful! :)
you always provoke ma thinking, and thanks for that :)
"It will be the death of death and hence not death as we know it"-woah! awesome.
we can prey, meditate and spread love only when we "believe" in it rite.
"Abundant love" which you've mentioned transcends all other emotions and i feel so blessed to know about it!
thanks for such a wonderful article :)

Shruthi said...

you have commented on the wrong post I guess :D
anyway, my ideas about belief have changed over time. I don't give belief as much importance as say experience. But that is debatable.
thanks for being a regular reader Shilpa! :)