Monday, April 2, 2012

emotions recollected in tranquility...

All of a sudden, my childhood amnesia seems to have lifted. I remember taking part in a Hindi poem recitation competition in class 5 or 6. Today, after 8-9 years, I could recollect all the lines of the poem. 'Gulab' was the title of the poem. I don't remember who the poet was though. The last stanza talks to me like no other:

wah dekho kaante hai isme;
eb nahi duniya mein kisme.
tum ebon par dhyaan na de;
vidya seekh sabhi se le.
[forgive the errors :D]
____________________________________

talking of roses,
I read somewhere that a little bit of fragrance always clings to the hands that gives roses.


____________________________________

talking of giving,
in life...there are things that are best left alone. It's not wise to change the course of a stream. Let if flow where it wants. Some things are meant to be the way they are. The force of nature cannot be controlled. Let go. I have embarked on the journey of letting go, have you? :) For there's no point in clinging on to memories, dreams, and even people.
____________________________________
To Nature
by Samuel Coleridge
It may indeed be fantasy when I
Essay to draw from all created things
Deep, heartfelt, inward joy that closely clings;
And trace in leaves and flowers that round me lie
Lessons of love and earnest piety.
So let it be; and if the wide world rings
In mock of this belief, it brings
Nor fear, nor grief, nor vain perplexity.
So will I build my altar in the fields,
And the blue sky my fretted dome shall be,
And the sweet fragrance that the wild flower yields
Shall be the incense I will yield to Thee,
Thee only God! and thou shalt not despise
Even me, the priest of this poor sacrifice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do a little research on this. We got a grab a book from our area library but I think I learned more clear from this post. I am very glad to see such great information being shared freely out there.