Monday, July 1, 2013

of life and times...

Some of us are happy and cheerful about the present, some of us are busy making future plans, and some of us are cribbing about the past, while some of us balance everything just fine.

Life isn’t fair, I used to tell my professor at college. She used to agree, mostly. Life isn’t fair Shruthi, she used to reassure (?).

Does life become unfair when we lose the so-called "balance" in life? Or is it us who do not recognize the rather flirtatious nature of life!

Some moments freeze and leave you wondering whether they belong to the past or the present.
Some moments run so fast; as though mimicking an episode from the future.
Sometimes your heart pounds, sometimes you feel calm and serene. And some other times, you experience it all at the same time.
And sometimes a long walk, a small conversation, a genuine smile can mean much more than luxurious drives, grand talks, and joyous laughter.
Worse still, sometimes someone's glance equals a conversation with someone else.
Unfair it seems to the untrained eye!

The early mornings on the terrace with the sun, a cup of tea and an old novel in hand.
The late nights watching the moon and the stars glow while we conspire, in pace with the universe, our life in our favour.
Good times these are!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My most recent discovery has been the underlying arrogance in me. Oh how good I felt when someone called my writing aggressive.

Arrogance and aggression! well, so much for being zen! ;)

2 comments:

Inba said...

Life isn’t fair, I used to tell my professor at college. She used to agree, mostly. Life isn’t fair Shruthi, she used to reassure (?).


LOL !!

I see lot of self introspection, felt like reading my own words. Nice.

Shruthi said...

:D :)