Friday, January 13, 2012

A Glorious Idea

Have you ever been told how beautiful you are? Has anyone told you how beautiful your eyes are; how cute your nose is; how gorgeous you look dressed in a particular colour; and how delightful a person you are? Has anyone made you feel special? Has anyone reminded you of your diamond self? Your parents? Your friends? Your siblings? Your partner? Or perhaps your soul mates? Anyone? YES? They have? Aren’t you lucky to have such lovely people around you? Of course YES!! J J

But spare a thought for those who live in ignorance about their potentiality because no one has ever told them about it. They are so busy and engrossed in their mundane routine that they hardly have time to reflect on their ‘personality’. Don’t you think it is important to tell them that they are divine beings like everyone else? Don’t you think they need a reminder? Well, I think so. I think we should climb on top of a hill and shout out that they are all pure shining diamonds. But who’ll listen to us if we shout atop a hill. Such reminders should reach every house; every dinner table; every drawing room. But how do we go about achieving it?

Tadan!! I have an IDEA! Eeee!! Yes, a glorious idea!! One doomed to work!! Of course, I need your co-operation. I have decided to write. Yes, write. Write letters. I will shortly write anonymous letters to unknown people. It’ll reach an address that it’s destined to reach. I’ll write asking people to take 2 minutes from their busy schedules and just breathe…just breathe in the quiet center and make a wish...like never before. And be grateful for life. And live to love. I want them to feel special; feel secure; feel loved; feel blessed. If not anything, I simply want them to SMILE and say ‘what a dork!’ :D

How can you help me?

I want you to give me postal addresses of anyone you know. Or don’t know. I want valid postal addresses to send my letters to. Preferably, an Indian postal address. You can leave it in the comments section below. Don’t worry, I’ll make sure it isn't published or misused. You could also try and write anonymous letters to people you know or don’t know. Oh and don’t forget to share your experience with me! :)

4 comments:

setu said...

noble idea dear!
but isnt it ironical that we need outside forces to make us realise how special we are? and wudnt that realisation be shortlived until and unless it comes from deep within?
i am of the belief that if u dont realise urself how beautiful u are, how beautiful the existence is and how beautiful the whole beingis no outside force can ensure the longevity of the bliss u are aiming for. it wud be nicer to make people feel that thing which comes from inside. the big question is can it be done as easily as writing praising letters to people and are we equipped for it.

Shruthi said...

thank you Setu for the comment. I completely agree with you. It is indeed very sad that we are to be told that we are human BEINGS and not DOINGS. But I also think that sometimes we need that little reminder when we are caught up in the busy world.
I don't plan to praise them. I will only, bluntly put, state a fact!! I don't know if we are equipped for it. This is just a try!! :) :)

Jobin Bosco said...

Indeed. Noses are often times very cute. And it would truly be a tragedy if one goes without ever being told of the cuteness of their proboscis. I have therefore taken it upon myself, doubtless, inspired by your thoughtful outpouring, to do my bit in shining the beacon of awareness upon anyone lucky enough to be blessed with a snout of the cute nature.. :-] ...and might I begin with a certain someone we both know of...? :]

Shruthi said...

hmmm :) :)
but then you should tell me about it later :D