Monday, June 20, 2011

The Natural Silence [2]

I was doing a peewee research today when I came across something dramatic in a scientific study conducted by neurologists. The study stated many facts and findings. But what stuck me was this piece and I wrote it down immediately for my dear readers. So what if you are only few in numbers. So what even if you don’t want to leave comments or star my articles. I’ll share my experiences anyway thinking it’ll touch someone somewhere at some point. Ok, this is what I read:


~ It has been estimated that at the end of the Middle Ages, a mere 800 years ago, it took the average human brain six weeks to encounter the stimuli we routinely encounter in a single day ~


You would be thinking – OMGGMOMWACOT [acronym for Oh My Goodness Gracious Me Oh My With A Cherry On Top] right…That was exactly my reaction too. Just imagine our lives without opening our mouth for a week. It is also worth reminding ourselves of the many enlightened souls today who opened up to the Truth (so to speak) after observing many days of silence. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Guruji is one example I can think of. We are absorbed in a world full of stimulation – tv, computer, radio, interacting with people both verbally and non-verbally. I’ll tell you what’s funny? We mostly make conversations just for the sake of it. It’s not that we intend to know what’s happening in other’s lives but we just enquire because we think it’s polite. In reality, if we look closer, less is more – the lesser you talk the more bonding you feel and higher will your vibrations be. If you want to help people around, why talk and mess it up? Just stay in your silence - your energy field will give them much comfort. The problem is that we are in the world of cognitive overstimulation and the frenetic pace of life totally consumes us. We need to take it easy. There are hundreds of monks who stay away from all these stimuli. They tune out of this world and tune in entirely into their being, their true nature. Oh but, we can’t do without watching Rafa’s first round Wimbledon match. We can’t do without watching England thrashing Sri Lanka (or so I would like to believe) in the test series. Eh? Let me be clear – I’m certainly not saying we need to become monks and nuns. No. Sure, we have to find the right balance. We need to make a choice because life is full of choices – Freedom you see. Let’s take some time off and decide what’s important for us and what’s not. When we have our preferences straight, we can choose to avoid certain stimuli. For example, we can surely do without talking of who’s dating who or worrying about others. We have enough issues already. When you take care of yourself, everything else will be taken care of. Spend some time alone with nature or even your room will do. Consider the three golden rules: Don’t think. Don’t Judge. Don’t Label. Stay in the silence. You are the silence. Yeah? Simple? Let’s do it yo!! \m/


Aum.

2 comments:

போத்தி said...

OMGGMOMWACOT. Wish you all the best with your meditation!

Jai guru dev.

Shruthi said...

@Pothi, haha thank you =)
Jai Guru Dev!